This statement is immediately followed by a groan from my other half. He can’t stand the barrage of joyful tunes. I clap and smile. I’m always ready and willing to sing along to a holiday tune.
Still, there are a few I can’t stand. Seriously. I have to change the station or simply turn the radio off. Here they are:
1. The Chipmunk Song
(Christmas Don’t Be Late) – I can’t stand to listen to this song. I don’t think it’s cute. The voices are annoying, and Alvin’s tardy lead-in to each stanza in maddening. Not only that, but for the rest of the day I’m walking around squeaking, “Me? I want a hula hoop.” It’s like getting the Meow Mix song stuck in your head (sorry if I just did that to you).
2. All I Want For Christmas is My Two Front Teeth – Cute idea that goes on way too long.
3. Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer – Okay, the first time I heard it I laughed, but that was enough.
Now that I’ve listed my least favorites, I’ve got to try and narrow down my top three favorites. Much, much harder.
1. All-time favorite Christmas Song…drumroll….O Holy Night (I like the Michael Crawford and Clay Aiken versions, but I’ll get teary-eyed to almost any version)
2. The Little Drummer Boy – David Bowie and Bing Crosby
3. Do You Hear What I Hear – Whitney Houston or the Faith Hill version
Your turn! Share your favorites and the ones that make you cringe. I promise to listen to any I haven’t heard of before on YouTube.
Jingle all the way…