I'd like to say that the 15 pounds I gained last year snuck up on me, but that wouldn't be true.
I saw it happening. I have a scale. My clothes got tighter but I figured I was still exercising regularly and the weight would come off as soon as I cut out some of the unhealthy foods I couldn't seem to stop eating.
The problem is that I didn't cut them out. Two weeks ago, I joined Weight Watchers online and decided to come face-to-face with the foods that have power over me. In order to make a lifestyle change, I must admit my weakness for these darlings and find substitutes and save them as a "once-in-a-while" treat and not a "once-a-day" treat!
1. French Fries - the crunchy, salty finger food has always been at the top of my list of yummy no-nos. I rarely order them, but when my kids don't finish theirs, guess who does?
2. Cake/Cupcakes - actually, it's just the buttercream frosting I crave. I can do without the cake!
3. Movie theater popcorn loaded with butter - so many points. Such greasy heaven!
4. Speaking of butter how about a heel of warm, buttered bread.
5. Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (frozen, of course)
6. Java Chip ice cream
7. Everything bagels (yep, with butter again).
8. Cheese puffs
9. Chocolate in any form
10. Fruit pies/cobblers
What about you? What food calls your name? What treat takes every ounce of discipline to avoid? And if you have any healthy snack ideas, I'd love to hear them!