Just about everyone around the world has had their lives impacted by Covid-19. Here's my list of things that we won't be doing or having done.
- No flowers: we usually go to the local nursery and buy flowers for our urns.
- Nobody to clean the house every two weeks.
- No one to help me in the garden
- Not so much meat for supper
- No interacting with friends and family
- No trips to the ice cream place
- No yard sales (oh, boy--for a thrifter, that's a BIGGIE)
- Our pansies from last year self-seeded, so we do have some flowers after all
- I baked bread for the first time
- I've been baking quick breads (to use for Mr. L's breakfasts)
- We've been doing more jigsaw puzzles (well, mostly ones we've done before)
- We're still able to patronize our favorite restaurant via takeout
- I've been able to stay on my diet despite bread and quick breads (15 lbs down)
- I've finished two books and a short story and started another two books
- I've got everything I need to repaint my kitchen cabinets
- Curbside pick-ups & home deliveries
- The mail still comes 6 days a week
So while this won't be the summer we all wanted, maybe it can still be a good summer. How will you make your summer special?