by Lucy Arlington
This no bake cheesecake is light, creamy, and oh so delicious. Layered on a chocolate crumb crust, the velvety vanilla flavour of the cream cheese filling contrasts delightfully with the tart cherries on top. I still recall the first time I tasted it, when Paulette had made it in the days we were young mothers. I was surprised that something so simple could taste so divine. And you only need the oven on for about 10 minutes to bake the crust.
I did end up making it for our company and now I’m sharing the recipe with you, courtesy of Paulette. Don’t you love the way recipes get passed along?
Paulette’s Deluxe Cherry Cheesecake
1½ cups chocolate wafer crumbs
¼ cup melted butter
250 g cream cheese, softened
1 cup icing sugar
1½ tsp vanilla
1 cup whipping cream
1 can (19 oz) cherry pie filling
1. Mix crumbs and butter. Press into 9-inch pie dish. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Cool.
2. Beat Cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla until smooth.
3. Whip cream; fold into cheese mixture.
4. Pour into cooled crust and chill.
5. Spoon cherry filling over cheese filling and refrigerate several hours or overnight.