Halloween is days away and the movie channels are featuring their spookiest shows. Pumpkins of all shapes on sizes are have been placed on front stoops, waiting to be hallowed out and transformed. Costumes are on hangers and bags of candy are in the pantry (unless a bag or two has been eaten by a hungry ghost...hem, hem). I'm getting ready for the holiday by thinking back on things that have truly given me thrills and chills.
1. Scariest Novel - Without a doubt, It by Stephen King.
2. Scariest Movie - I saw Poltergeist when I was 13. I still haven't recovered from that clown under Robbie's bed. I obviously have a clown phobia.
3. Scariest thing I found in my trick or treat bag - Circus peanuts (what are they really made of?)
4. Scariest costume I've ever seen - a grim reaper on stilts
5. Scariest haunted house - an abandoned boat house where I grew up. My friends and I would dare each other to go inside for 60 seconds after dark. I did it once.
6. Scariest song - The theme music from Friday the Thirteenth
7. Scariest food - raw oysters - they give me the heebie jeebies
8. Scariest celebratory couple ever - Rose McGowan and Marilyn Manson
9. Scariest children - the twins from The Shining
10. Scariest creature/monster - Alien (but when I was younger, The Creature From the Black Lagoon).
Your turn: Tell me some of your "Scariests"