That's right. This is my season of going nowhere. My friends have gone to the beach, to cabins in the mountains, to cities on the West Coast, and to tropical islands.
They've packed, unpacked, driven for miles with kids in the car, waited around in airports, and slept in exotic locales. I admit - part of me is envious, but for the most part, I'm actually relieved to be having such a low-key summer.
Here are the highlights of my staycation thus far:
- Writing a chapter per week
- Coming up with an exciting new idea for a mystery series (can't say more about that at the moment)
- Painting rooms in my house colors I'd never thought I'd be brave enough to use
- Eating popsicles
- Watching my kids run through the sprinkler
- Watching a lot of Masterpiece Theater
- Reading, reading, reading
- Pedicures (need I say more?)
- Iced coffee
- Sunday matinees
- Flip flops
- Making homemade sno-cones
- Reading fairy tales to the kids past their bedtime
- The taste of fresh berries
What's been magical about your summer?