I love the indies. The owners are truly amazing and dedicated to books and reading. They love authors and stories, and what could be better than that. I'm updating my indie list since it's four years old. Some on the list have gone, some have just arrived. All need our support.
So with that said, I'd like to give a nod to some of my very favorites, those that I've visited and found to be outstanding in terms of effort and enthusiasm.
1. The Poisoned Pen, Scottsdale, AZ
2. The Well Read Coyote, Sedona, AZ
3. Martha Merrell's, Waukesha, WI
4. Booked For Murder, Madison, WI
5. McLean & Eakin, Petosky, MI
6. Cranesbill, Chelsea, MI
7. Novel Ideas, Baileys Harbor, WI
I have a wish list of independent stores I'd love to visit. Maybe next year when my new series comes out, I'll get that opportunity.
Feel free to add to my list. Which ones rank highest with you?