Friday, December 26, 2008
Bullet Point VIII, The Day After Christmas Style
* I’m as bad as a little kid on Christmas morning, unable to sleep. I was the first one up, just waiting for someone else to stir. The second my daughter made a peep I snuck into her room and we watched Miracle on 34th Street until the rest of the house awoke.
* Watching Miracle on 34th Street never grows old. It’s my favorite holiday movie and in fact I might watch it again before sending it back to the nirvana known as Netflix.
* Another movie I never grow tired of this time of year is A Christmas Story. A true classic. I’ve seen it twice this week, can quote it almost verbatim and yet love it still.
* We had a very untraditional Christmas dinner of pizza made by my sister-in-law. I think she’s onto something. It was great.
*Only three gifts need to be returned. Hooray. All at the same store. I think I’ll wait for the post-Christmas rush to make that trip.
* I received lots of gift cards for Christmas gifts. Have I mentioned how I love gift cards? I can’t wait to go shopping. I might even brave the post Christmas rush to reap the sales racks. Some things are worth being brave.
* My favorite present this year is the softest robe ever. A close second is the pedicure gift certificate… Heaven.
* I’m wondering how many frosted sugar cookies I can eat before I tire of them. Guesses, anyone?
* No white Christmas here (a total bummer), but at least the ice has moved on. It’s supposed to be in the high 50s here this weekend, so maybe, just maybe I’ll actually finish (okay, start) pruning my hydrangeas that have to be cut back before new growth in spring. Nothing like waiting till the last minute, eh?
Okay, for those who celebrate Christmas what presents did you get? Any returns to be made? And for everyone…have you started thinking about New Year’s resolutions yet (shudder)?