* I’ve finally started My Deadly Valentine, the third book in the Lucy Valentine series (for which I still have no release dates or know my new pen name). Beginnings are really tough for me—but the reward is the middle of the book, which I love. I wish I could just skip ahead to the middle, but my brain just doesn’t work that way.
* This week I’ve read two non-fiction books, but haven’t picked up a fiction book in weeks. Not unusual when I start a new book. It’s as if I need to clear other authors’ voices from my head before I can start a work of my own.
* The Christmas catalogues are being outnumbered by the political postcards in my mailbox. How about yours?
* (Insert a choral alleluia) Gas prices in my area are under $3.00 for the first time in…I can't even remember.
* I absolutely love this time of year, with the cooler weather, stunning colors, and the reappearance of my down comforter (heaven!). I could, however, do without all the bugs, spiders, and winged critters trying to sneak their way into my house.
* My lifetime streak of never having broken a major bone was, well, broken two weeks ago. I finally went to the doctor this week for confirmation—I cracked a bone in my foot. My newest accessory is a lovely chic black peep toe mid-calf boot, elegantly styled in foam and hard plastic. It’s the extra special details like the hidden air bladder that make this the right fit for me for the next four to six weeks.
* My lifetime streak of self-inflicting injuries in unusual ways continues. The broken foot happened after I dropped a VCR on it while trying to wrangle the broken electronic into a paper bag to be thrown away. It’s okay to laugh. Really.
* (Insert rhythmic clapping) Let’s go Red Sox!
Until next week,